Thursday, November 19, 2015

Carlos Hernandez

It was the morning of May 5th, 2008.  I woke up, and I went to work at 7am.  Around 9:30am, I told my boss, “I don’t feel good.” He told me, “Lie down in your car for a few minutes.” I did that, but I still felt sick.  He told me to go home, so I drove home.  In my home, I told my wife to take me to the doctor.  At his office, the doctor told my wife that it may be the beginning of a stroke and that she had to take me to the emergency room immediately.  She did so, but I don’t remember it.  I was in a coma for about three days.  When I woke up, I couldn’t move half of my body, including my face.  I couldn’t talk; I couldn’t eat.  I had to get therapy.  Therapy was very painful and hard.  But finally, thanks to the therapy, I was able to move my muscles again.
                                                Carlos Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment